Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It was good while it lasted !

As most of you are aware The Boyne River has been the recipient of the Barramundi that went over the spillway when Awoonga Dam overflowed. Those fishing the dam since that event have by all reports been tough. But the Boyne has been on fire.Record numbers of fish caught have been the norm and word quickly spread thoughout the fishing community and this fishing location has been visited by not only the angler wanting to get his Barra fix but those with a higher profile in the industry. And l think we shall see a couple of DVDs in the future showing how good the fishing has been.It seems that the fish have decided to" leave the building "Sick of this unwanted attention most seem to have moved to the mouth of the Boyne or beyond. There maybe pockets of fish still in the river but l and others cant seem to find them. So where is this Beyond ? Maybe the Gladstone Harbour with its many creeks, backwaters islands,and port facilities. Or shall they move further afield to areas like the Narrows or Turkey beach with there myriad of mangrove lined creeks. Those that fish the salt could stumble upon a bonanza. And human nature being what it is someone tells a mate who tells a mate and soon spot X is common knowledge to all. As far as the Boyne is concerned l am sure its long time residents will be glad to see the back of us fishernen but it was good while it lasted
    "For some people in our society, retirement is a tragedy. It's the end of their being productive and contributing something. We need productivity from everyone who is capable of contributing. Fishing is my vehicle, and I plan to keep going as long as I'm physically able."

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Trev. We're in two minds to what to do next week. As you know we were keen to yak certain parts of the Boyne and the Kolan, but with the recent rain you are experiencing up there it may be mission impossible depending on the strength of current flow.

Cheers Dave

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

the boyne is still on fire, 18 barra in the last 2 days to 119.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Trev. Just curious....What's the water clarity like in the river? Would be a good opportunity to get some underwater footage of barra doing thier thing. Havn't seen much of that, but l may be looking in the wrong places.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    Thanks for the info Trev. Just curious....What's the water clarity like in the river? Would be a good opportunity to get some underwater footage of barra doing thier thing. Havn't seen much of that, but l may be looking in the wrong places.

Not that clear to take underwater footage Joe
    "For some people in our society, retirement is a tragedy. It's the end of their being productive and contributing something. We need productivity from everyone who is capable of contributing. Fishing is my vehicle, and I plan to keep going as long as I'm physically able."