Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez Did's, read the title and thought you have 2 black eyes but alas you have been dealing with the red devils!!!

Awesome to see the new yak doing everything you ant it to do and catching a few fish to boot.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to here you are liking your yak!! unlucky about the biguns getting away.... Like you said a jacks a jack, at any size they are awesome!!
    To much water to fish and not enough time......

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    Sure the exercise is doing you good to mate.
    I've been getting cramps in my legs the last few days, never got that with the stink boat!

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    I've been getting cramps in my legs the last few days, never got that with the stink boat!
    There ya go Did's, i suggested that you just change the motor and keep the boat.

Then you could have got a yak and tried it out and made a decision after that.

Geez that Top Ender was a good boat.

PS. Mate keep your eye out for jetskiers and wake boats!

Cheers,
    John.

PPS, There's a dry seat in the Hornet available, stretch the legs, move around, jacks can't pull you into the snags etc. just make the call.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obi_wan View Post

PS. Mate keep your eye out for jetskiers and wake boats!
    I'm thinking of getting one of those high powered slingshots to shoot ball sinkers, after Naths Jackoff experience. I wouldn't want to kill any one, but I think it'd make em think about what there doing.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of getting one of those high powered slingshots to shoot ball sinkers, after Naths Jackoff experience. I wouldn't want to kill any one, but I think it'd make em think about what there doing.

you should have got a 2 seater dids, you could swing by johns landing and pick up rambo. she'd keep them b#stards at bay

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Where's the photo's Dids? I'm sure I've read somewhere on here before that if there's no photo's, it didn't happen.
    Good to hear you're happy with your yak and putting it to good use, great report, except for the the lack of photo's!
    Would take a bit of getting used to I suppose, getting your arms and legs to get the hang of controlling everything whilst your landing a fish, let alone getting photo's as well. Maybe you need to get the 'prosthetic spare arm' option to take care of the camera work, either that or 'helmet cam'.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point DC. I haven't worked out how to take photos of fish on the yak yet. Any ideas???? There is no room for the brag mat to be layed out, then U gota get the camera far enough away to get it all in shot. I don't want to rig up one of those fancy arms with the camera attached . I figure when I land the over 60, I'll leave it in the net and take it to shore to do the photo.

It's a problem

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a problem
    it's a problem that you've got years to work on before it happens mate, yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaars!!!!!!

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point DC. I haven't worked out how to take photos of fish on the yak yet. Any ideas???? There is no room for the brag mat to be layed out, then U gota get the camera far enough away to get it all in shot. I don't want to rig up one of those fancy arms with the camera attached . I figure when I land the over 60, I'll leave it in the net and take it to shore to do the photo.

It's a problem
    Here's an idea mate. You could always trade the yak in on a Top Ender. Problem solved!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast