Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Some we caught on lures one night in the same creek you caught them small barras.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mac 13 View Post
    I recognise a lot of those creeks and places, shacks and so on, I fished with Johnny Mitchell in those areas, I'm suprised you didn't see his foot prints and stuff. He lived on that island for a lot of years and went places no one ever walked. That Keppel creek shack has been home to a million visitors. I've fished there since 25 years ago. Mosquito creek and a lot of those creeks in the Narrows is home to some real barra in the 25- 30 kilo bracket. It helps when you are local, but jesus, that skinny boy knows that place like the back of his hand. The king you caught reminds me of live baiting big fish on prawns in deep water where people hardly fish. The Renolds caught king to 39kilos in the old days, amazing fish.
    No doubt local knowledge would be a massive advantage in a place like Curtis - Its a bloody big place ..... & yeh JM would be the man (I'm pretty sure we saw his footprints.... & even spoke about it) .
    For the few guys that have joined me for the haul up to Gladstone - its been awesome , just armed with google earth , a few maps and a sense of adventure .......
    At this stage we are still looking & learning ...... have just scratched the surface after 3 trips - but that's been part of the fun. We are still to put any effort into fishing creek mouths or collapsed banks with live baits or lures ...... but when the planet & tides align - we will

Chris

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Geez if you are tiring of IBD it sounds like you need a doctor!!!! It can develope in to a worse more expensive addiction you know!!!!!!!!...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dambuster View Post
    Geez if you are tiring of IBD it sounds like you need a doctor!!!! It can develope in to a worse more expensive addiction you know!!!!!!!!...
    worst than .... relocating to Qld - leaving family & friends behind in Sydney - just so I could fish for barra more often
    I've spent a small bomb on tackle

nah I had IBD baaaaad...... just ask those that know me

Chris

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345