Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Great report chris i was wondering how you boys went

shane
    Thanks Shane ....... It was fun without being mindblowing (fishing wise) - but everything combined made a great package ...... except the sandflies

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barramag View Post
    A seachange Chris or just a pit stop.You're still catching quality fish,enjoying the enviroment albeit slightly different all while resting the sword arm.It does pay to watch the tides though,they can catch you out.You'll have to put the Bay and the Sandy Straits on your agenda
    Paulo
    That's a good question ....... pit stop I reckon , with a big tank to fuel Unlike impoundment barra fishing - its not monotonous , casting accuracy plays it's part & then you have the lucky dip ...... barra , jack , salmon ,cod , GT ........ or TURTLE ..... The reality was that Impoundments were originally stopovers on the way to & from some other location.

Chris
    Last edited by nagg; 06-04-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Chris, some great fish landed and some great times spent by the looks of it!!!

Dane
    To much water to fish and not enough time......

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics there mate. It was a pleasure doing both trips with ya!!!!

Love the XXXX gold pot!....that took a lot of thought!!!....Although payback was a bitch.....having you tent ziptied shut during the night, and busting for a pi$$ trying to get out was not very fun.....at the time. I was cacking myself, cos I wasnt the one about to pee my pants!!!

The tide one around the front!!!..I had forgotten that shot!. I wished we could relocate that whole humpy around to the crossing. It was still a magic place!. I might add my pics at some stage. Not too many, as we caught bugger all.!!

Cheers Steve

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzy 500 View Post
    Nice pics there mate. It was a pleasure doing both trips with ya!!!!

Love the XXXX gold pot!....that took a lot of thought!!!....Although payback was a bitch.....having you tent ziptied shut during the night, and busting for a pi$$ trying to get out was not very fun.....at the time. I was cacking myself, cos I wasnt the one about to pee my pants!!!

The tide one around the front!!!..I had forgotten that shot!. I wished we could relocate that whole humpy around to the crossing. It was still a magic place!. I might add my pics at some stage. Not too many, as we caught bugger all.!!

Cheers Steve
    Always good to hang out Steve ........ there certainly have been some moments .
    Full can s would have been better ....... then again maybe not Revenge was sweet though ........ nothing funnier than hearing someone trying to urgently get out of their tent
    Yeh , that trip around Cape Horn was ...... an adventure & even with all the drama - I was glad we did it ....... A mother ship would have been nice.
    This trips will continue ....... those that have participated are keen - then why wouldn't you be , just imagine if we had some good weather

by all means put up some more piccies

Chris

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

I dont have too many. Dont think I took any around the front. heres a couple from last week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

great story boys and awsome pics, the camp setup looks tops to. the deckies jack is a cracker!

Jason

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Some more piccies

cleaning table 2.jpg ........ remember this Stevo ?

finally a barra.jpg

fishing a big tide.JPG

rockbar salmon.jpg ......... Nicks 1st Salmon I had to laugh when he tried to shake it off ..... "CATTIE!"

Island life.jpg ......... Island life - what an adventure

sunset barra.jpg

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jayvee View Post
    great story boys and awsome pics, the camp setup looks tops to. the deckies jack is a cracker!

Jason
    Beginners luck - good jack alright .....not a bad way to start a trip off

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Chris, exploring new grounds with mates definately rejuvinates the fishing soul, like we all did as kids but on a grander scale!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast