Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hervey bay flatties and some new mates!

G'day all, with the long weekend here we decided to come up to visit Chloe's family in Hervey bay. We came up on the Saturday, no time to fish unfortunately with unpacking and all that nonsense.
    Anyhow I headed out for a quick fish Sunday morning, I flicked some plastics around for a while for not a lot of luck but in quick succession I landed my first 2 whiting on plastics they would have been all of 15cm but it was still a first! Shortly after it was toad fish time, they just mauled the hell out of the plastics . So I thought stuff it, I threw on a little diving hard body. I managed to quickly pull in another 2 whiting, my first whiting caught on lure too and 3 toad fish.. the toads back home usually just follow the lures but up here they are more game and hit it!!
    Monday I had plans to go out in my mates boat for the day, but he had family come down at short notice to visit. So I figured I would see what some of the AA's in the area were up to. I got a hold of Jtran and met up with him and Chamelion for a flick for some flatties. The wind was pretty hectic so we wandered back around out of the wind a bit more and had more luck. I managed to land my first flattie for the day fairly quickly, he would of been around the 33 mark. There were a few dropped in the time after and someone even hooked a chamelion But not long later I landed a nice flattie, he went 50cm on the mat. It had us wondering what was hooked because of the thrashing head shakes it was doing, but I was very pleased with that one! Not long after I landed another around the 30 mark. In that time Matt managed one and I'm not sure if Jamie did, he had my syndrome: Dropping fish
    We called it a day after a while when the bite shut down. It was a good time spent and was great meeting a couple more good blokes. Most of the day was quite comical
    After Matt dropped me home it turned out I still had time to kill before the mrs got back, so i thought stuff it and wandered across the road at Torquay and flicked some plastics around. Once again the toads were just hammering the plastics so I chucked on a small strikepro hard body. After a few casts and different retrieves I hooked up to little flattie who would have been 30 odd. Not long after I got another, maybe around 20-25 and then I hooked onto a little grinner. So it was a great day with some new mates! Thanks for the fish guys I enjoyed meeting you both, can't wait to come back up again!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ben..

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

It was nice to meet you today Ben.

You forgot to mention my little dance on the rocks after rescuing that shark.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

lol! Yes I did forget that sorry lol the purple little shark!
    Ben..

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff mate. All that work with the light gear is starting to pay off.
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it is all starting to come together now!
    Ben..

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work fella's!!!!!!!!!
    To much water to fish and not enough time......

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nice 1 Ben good to see you get out for a fish and get a few

shane

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

i lost sooooo many fish it was not funny lol ><"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jtran96 View Post
    i lost sooooo many fish it was not funny lol ><"
    I found it funny... usually it's me losing them all! We all have those days though! It was a fun day though, thanks again!
    Ben..

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Ben. Definitely keen to meet up with some of the members when/if I head that way in Jun.
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast