Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default care large logs in morton bay

Hi all just a quick note about moreton bay ,unable to sleep last night i decided to hit the water at 1.30am and fished woody point till 4 then zipped over to mud for the sunrise.
    on the way back i must of seen 30-50 large pieces of trees and logs still drifting about in the middle of the bay between the shipping channel and woody point that is what i seen going in a straight line so who can imagine what is still floating around the bay and and a couple of these logs i would not of been able to get my arms around they were that big glad i did not get 1 in the dark makes me wonder how many near misses i had going accross, i noticed a lot of logs floating around woody point a few weeks back as well

shane

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

scary stuff ......... so how was the fishing ?

Chris

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default logs

Yeah was like that last weekend too shane heaps of them some big and some tid bit. I say it will be like that for a while till the woods starts to rot and break up but the water was looking pretty good for the tings and we where 3 short of our bag limit . Could have stayed to get them but hey more for next trip. oh and there where a fair few small black tip reef sharks hunting i hooked 7 and landed 2
    Fishing bring it on no matter the type .

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nagg View Post
    scary stuff ......... so how was the fishing ?

Chris
    Hey chris the fishing was not worth mentioning mate lol 1 keeper grassy a few under snapper and a few rays and sharks lol,
    Hey nip i have noticed at the ramps in recent weeks there is still a large number of debri washed up there i thik the council needs to do another clean up.
    I decided not to go for tings due to the good forcast wanted to do a mud recon mind you i had to pull up before the shipping channel in the dark look like a cruise liner going into port and i could not see the size of the wake so just idled till i found it lol

shane

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

no tailer yet mate?
    I heard there a lot of small choppers south end of the passage
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    no tailer yet mate?
    I heard there a lot of small choppers south end of the passage
    A bit hit and miss there at the moment i seen a report of some good fish there last weekend , but i normally do not get them until the end of May, i know there are a few in the brissie river at the moment. i also got bit off a few times fishing for snapper hooked the fish 5 winds on the reel and ping gone no hook so that was probably tailor
    spoke to a fella at the ramp who fished the wells near the bridge at clontarf for 16 flatties and a few small tailor
    still no pike out on the rock at woody point

shane

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

yep, seen a few at whats left of the Wells on my way over the bridge lately, be time to hit up Hayes for the winter flatty run some
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    still no pike out on the rock at woody point
    Won't be long Shane - pike are already thick at Peel Island. Saw huge schools of them in the usual spots on Sunday and picked up a couple of dozen while breamin on the reefs.

Did manage a 31cm and 29cm bream though...

Cheers

Pete
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Won't be long Shane - pike are already thick at Peel Island. Saw huge schools of them in the usual spots on Sunday and picked up a couple of dozen while breamin on the reefs.

Did manage a 31cm and 29cm bream though...

Cheers

Pete
    Hi Pete
    Thanks for that i may have to do a day trip down that way if they do not turn up soon lol
    the water at woody point is still pretty dirty and i think that is part of the problem

shane

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    the water at woody point is still pretty dirty and i think that is part of the problem
    No worries Shane, you could be right though - water is crystal clear at Peel ATM...
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln