Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nagg View Post
    you're kidding aren't you ? might as well take an electric heater outside

that's not living Barry!

Chris
    if a log or 3 happens to slip into the brazer then what can ya do wink wink
    Fishing bring it on no matter the type .

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

there is also another spot at rainbow chris, just inside bullock point. we have our work trip there every year...you can have as bigger fire as you want, camp rite on the water, protected from the s/e winds, leave ya boat in the water, access to the bottom end of fraser and the straights and an easy steam to kauri creek..we go in sept / oct and usually get to cast at tuna bust ups..good spot for a weekend...
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    there is also another spot at rainbow chris, just inside bullock point. we have our work trip there every year...you can have as bigger fire as you want, camp rite on the water, protected from the s/e winds, leave ya boat in the water, access to the bottom end of fraser and the straights and an easy steam to kauri creek..we go in sept / oct and usually get to cast at tuna bust ups..good spot for a weekend...
    Sounds just like poverty point i gather it has facilitys there deano as poverty dont so may be worth it there rather then pov

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a lot more popular to Nip. Poverty Point ' How's the serenity?' beutiful unless some R's holes happen to be camped out there.
    To the shed!

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    It is a lot more popular to Nip. Poverty Point ' How's the serenity?' beutiful unless some R's holes happen to be camped out there.

Yep couldnt agree more darryl not that popular as its off the beaten track but you can get ya nob factor there that is for sure

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    Thanks Deano

Sounds like a nice spot Deano ........ a bit different

Chris

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno but I watched a vid of my uncles that he did years ago fishing a Island of Gladdy, only 30 people allowed at any one time, he smashed fish on fly and trades the odd beer for Prawns off the anchored Prawn boats... gotta take the lot water food fuel etc but man what a way to go.......

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    Sounds just like poverty point i gather it has facilitys there deano as poverty dont so may be worth it there rather then pov
    no facilitys simone, just sand , water and trees...take a shovel and a poo roll...

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    I dunno but I watched a vid of my uncles that he did years ago fishing a Island of Gladdy, only 30 people allowed at any one time, he smashed fish on fly and trades the odd beer for Prawns off the anchored Prawn boats... gotta take the lot water food fuel etc but man what a way to go.......
    northwest island nath..???
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Used to go to Poverty Point (the logging ramp) 40 years ago. Was a trip through the wallum and across the "Black Swamp" where the track was filled with bits of logs, steel plate etc that people had thrown in when they were bogged. There was even a spider bridge at one location along the track. In the bush near the camp was a horse drawn grader. Never see another group there then.
    Ah, the good old days.

Kauri Creek was also good but you had to be careful going up Stoney as others used to dynamite the deep holes there and it also went in to the army area.
    3Macks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345