Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Mick

We found the tailor just near the channel S bend just up from the drop over about 3weeks ago, but you certainly did pretty damm well - top effort.

Steve
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

top stuff mick, your always on the fish mate. not many blokes down here can say they're gonna go out and get 5 bream, whiting and salmon and then do it with consistency like you do.

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Mick

We found the tailor just near the channel S bend just up from the drop over about 3weeks ago, but you certainly did pretty damm well - top effort.

Steve
    Hi there Steve,yeah,I had a good session on the tailor a couple of weeks ago but they can be a bit unpredictable.I like the run in tide just on dark but it was running out on Saturday.I stuck it out till after the turn about 9.00pm but could only catch more salmon and bream. I believe there have been some down towards Pulbah Is. as well but I rarely travel that far down the lake.
    Do you fish Swansea channel often? If so,we will have to get together sometime.
    Cheers, Mick
    aspire to inspire before you expire

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goob View Post
    top stuff mick, your always on the fish mate. not many blokes down here can say they're gonna go out and get 5 bream, whiting and salmon and then do it with consistency like you do.
    Hi Goob, By targeting a number of species and being very selective with the baits I take to target each one usually leads to some fish at least.Not always a bag limit of each but usually a feed by the end of the session.
    Di often asks why I take so much gear - up to 5 or six rods,each rigged for a different species and a number of baits, mostly live or as fresh as possible- such as either live worms,prawns or nippers;live mullet; fresh bread; pilchards or gar. And plenty of tuna or bonito for bait or burley. I often spend more time gathering bait in the lead up to a comp than actualy spent fishing in it.Something has to work if you keep moving to find the fish. - but I still miss out from time to time.
    We still have to have a shot at a big flathead together - Oct. Nov. Dec. is usually the best time here.
    Cheers,Mick

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    Onya Mick, that's a cracker of a day!

Did you win your comp or is it tallied up at the end of the year?

Jeff.
    Hi Jeff, I won this round but there is still a couple more to go before the end of the season. There is a gift voucher each round and then the annual pointscore.
    Cheers, Mick

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Baker View Post
    Hi Jeff, I won this round but there is still a couple more to go before the end of the season. There is a gift voucher each round and then the annual pointscore.
    Cheers, Mick
    Well done and good luck for the annual title!

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a FIRST CLASS RESULT Mick, well done mate, for the report and the fish tally.

Cheers,

John.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Baker View Post
    Hi there Steve,yeah,I had a good session on the tailor a couple of weeks ago but they can be a bit unpredictable.I like the run in tide just on dark but it was running out on Saturday.I stuck it out till after the turn about 9.00pm but could only catch more salmon and bream. I believe there have been some down towards Pulbah Is. as well but I rarely travel that far down the lake.
    Do you fish Swansea channel often? If so,we will have to get together sometime.
    Cheers, Mick
    Mick

I am now in Qld, but family are still down there, so sneak out for a fish when I can when visiting. Good to see that most of the old spots still fire.

Love to catch up one day. Reckon I could learnt alot.

Steve
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12