Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend wrap up..

Gotta be one of the best winters we have seen I reckon.

The Trevally action has been pretty incredible.
    Craig and I fished both Saturday and Sunday afternoon and got stuck into some quality fish again.

I tested out Berkley's new 'Nanofil' braid on the weekend in 3lb and I was initially a little apprehensive as it was as fine as hair.I loaded up my reel with the stuff and the first fish to test it out properly was a 52cm GT and after a long fight we netted the fish.The line is so fine yet seriously strong and casts with rediculous ease.Pretty impressive stuff.

Craig nailed another nice Cale Cale Trevally on Saturday amongst hoards of Big-Eyes and odd GT's.

Sunday afternoon I knocked off another ripper Diamond which came in at the exact measurement of Craigs one a couple of weeks back...71cm.
    Thankfully I was using my 6lb gear when I hooked the fish (not the new Nanofil) and the fight was a bloody tough one on 6 with the fish staying deep and slugging it out hard under the boat for a long time.

Bit relieved when the fish hit the net to be honest.

Cheers,
    Pete