Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Caloundra

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc1978 View Post
    Good to see my new reel is catching fish mate!!

Doc.
    Yeah it's caught a few ;p, it's in retirement now though sitting in it's box for you, hope it serves you well.
    Last edited by 004dam; 13-06-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 004dam View Post
    Not really sure it had all the signs of a flattie but just alot of power. I felt the suttle grab and just had dead weight and slight headshakes for about 5meters. Then it just peeled line like no tomorrow then gone.

Only ever catching one wild Jew I wouldn't have a clue how they fight.
    Some of the jew I have hooked have given very subtle taps on the plastic...They do,do plenty of headshaking too....You may have just woken one up then he got a little cranky..????

I would be heading to that spot again just in case you have stumbled across a little Jew hole...You never know.

Pete

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_P View Post
    Some of the jew I have hooked have given very subtle taps on the plastic...They do,do plenty of headshaking too....You may have just woken one up then he got a little cranky..????

I would be heading to that spot again just in case you have stumbled across a little Jew hole...You never know.

Pete

Hmmm you have me very interested now. I have heard of jew at the mouth of bells creek to pumicestone passage. I must get back down there next weekend and give it a crack. My weekend is sorted already... That was quick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12