Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Neil's/ Dad's charters gets a thumbs up lol

Hi guys,

I haven't posted a report for a while mostly due to not much to report.

But today I decided to take the family out into the bay chasing the winter whiting.
    Lets just say it was an adventure. I rigged all the rods at home to save me doing it out there and taught wifey how to tie the knots whilst I was at it. ( Smart thinking I thought). So we are 10 minutes form the Beachmere boat ramp when I realise I have forgot my phone ( I never go out without it). So I took the chance and still headed out. Once out through the mouth there were a heap of boat anchored up not far out so I pull up and start the drift.

It wasn't long before decky/ charter/ dad was baiting, dehooking and unfortunately rerigging. It turns out the cheap 6lb fluorocarbon I had brought was sh!t..

Now the girls had made it that if they out fish the two boys (fisho's) I had to take them out to dinner. Poor Darcy was trying to catch fish for the both of us as I was doing everything bar fish.

The fish stopped biting so charter dad was at it again finding the fish
    ( because that sounder should find fish like a homing device I guess lol)

Off to the cockerel banks I head they start catching fish again all are happy bar dad as he is still dehooking, rerigging and rebaiting. After I completely got rid of all the crap line I could finally start to fish with some kind of purpose.

The girls end up giving the boys a hidding so I guess the dinner will have to come sooner or later. We ended up starting to throw most them back due to charter Dad not wanting to fillet so many fish.

So all and all a great day on the water with the family even if I only got to fish for maybe 30 minutes. The bay was perfect with very little traffic.

neil

Oh and just a side note I got some 2" gulp worm when I went to my local to see how they went. I would have to say they weren't far behind the cured worms we where using. I rigged them on a 1/8 oz small hooked jighead I made myself. And they didn't swallow the hook like on just a worm hook either which made it easy to C&R.