Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A few Pine river flatties

Yesterday me and Jamie (jtran) headed out chasing some flatties in pine river with the wind forecast squashing our mud plans!
    We headed out for an early start as usual and it wasn't long before Jamie managed the first for the day, a nice little fellar around 35. It was fairly slow going with only the odd few hits here and there. But we decided to poke our head out in the bay and see how it was as the wind was holding off a bit.
    After a few drifts around Jamie managed another flattie around the 35 mark followed by Shane picking up a pike!
    I was feeling left out of the fish action with nothing to my name yet But I kept saying quality over quantity That was soon rewarded when I brought a nice 55cm flattie to the boat
    But with the fishing still slow we motored back into Pine river to flick around a bit more before heading off. Shane managed a little chopper who fell 2cm under size and I managed another flattie around the 40 mark.
    It was a fairly slow day fishing, we were made to work for our catch but I still had a great day out on the water. Cheers Shane for the day and good to see ya again Jamie!
    Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ben..

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

well done fellas. a day on the water is better than sitting at home even if you dont catch a lot.
    Finally got one

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

good day =) thanks shane for taking me out!

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good day out, Good you see you caught a few as well :d

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nice one Benny - Hayes has got a shirt load of lizards in at the moment, I went for a wander down there last Sunday arvo for a quick flick, and there are some croc sized flathead lays on the banks, and ol mate trolling past me seemed to be doing ok, with the net getting waved around a bit.
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    nice one Benny - Hayes has got a shirt load of lizards in at the moment, I went for a wander down there last Sunday arvo for a quick flick, and there are some croc sized flathead lays on the banks, and ol mate trolling past me seemed to be doing ok, with the net getting waved around a bit.
    shh don't tell them that brian was going to fish the wells and hays if i put in at clontarf but went to dwb to get out of the wind

shane

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

mate, just between you and me and dont tell anyone else, Ive never seen so many good size lies on the banks in winter, normally its full of smaller males at this time of year, but what I saw last week....
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

yep heaps around we are getting a few on the reefs around the peninsular and at mud also

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like it is about time I have a holiday down south out of the wind.
    3Macks

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I have to say I have seen bigger lays around then I usually have!!
    Ben..