Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking the girlfriend fishing... Blessing or a curse?... blessing.

Krysten decided she was keen to come for a fish last night. So I woke her up early and made her jump in before she could back out.

We arrived at mooloolah river around 6:15am. Wanting to break in my new reel I zipped off to a nice stretch off jetties which I call Trev-ally. First cast Krysten hooked up to a stinky Hairtail.... Couple of bumps and touches later Krysten got bitten off by a hairtail... Getting sick of the hairtail already we moved down to some flathead grounds where we thought we could get a feed.

Few seconds into the new spot krysten is on already to a little fella. Nearly every cast after that she was making me unhook her fish.. When was it my turn to catch something. They soon played the game and I ended up landing around 5 Flatties 2 bream and a bust off. krysten pinned about 13 flatties
    There was nothing huge mainly just legals.

After An hour or so down there krysten was pretty keen to head home. So I suggested we check out Trev-ally on our way back. After about 5 minutes off getting there it was bust ups galore. I hooked up for about 10 seconds and my leader snapped.... Quickly re rigged with some 10lb got my plastic on and all. While this was going on krysten was tusseling with a little GT. I put my plastic dangling in the water and dehooked her fish. Lifted my rod up and a Hairtail pinched my fresh rig. With bust ups going on every where I was rushing to re rig. I finaly got it out there and was on several seconds Later untill my leader knot broke. Krysten has another one I want some trev action. I got back in there and was fighting a decent fish for a few minutes untill it pole wrapped me.. With about 30cm of leader left I just threw a jig head on and some how managed 6 GT's and Bigeyes.

They were so much fun hanging very close to the structure I dont know how we managed so many. The bait school was insanely huge and there must of been 20 - 30 fish cruising with there shoulders out the water chasing them.

Was an awesome end to an already awesome day. Love the new luvias to death it sounds unreal on trevs

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great little session, blessing.........hell yeah! It maybe a good luck thing to have Krysten in the boat.

My excuse why I don't take my missus fishing....... we tend to come home with donuts when she's in the boat.

Well done!

Dave

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bracey View Post
    Great little session, blessing.........hell yeah! It maybe a good luck thing to have Krysten in the boat.

My excuse why I don't take my missus fishing....... we tend to come home with donuts when she's in the boat.

Well done!

Dave

She Doesn't like coming normally as I stay out to long for her :P, Usualy we get Squat when we head out together anyway But If we do find some fish she manages to catch em haha. Was Definitely a good day out.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff mate! It's good to get the gf into fishing, I'm glad I did.. now when we are bored she will ask "Want to go fishing??" hehe blessing.
    Ben..

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

nice one, love floatin round that island....good day out..
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Not having much luck with the leader knots mate? Is that just with the bass hard or the power pro too?

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

yer always good to get them involved mate. that way you can say I am spending the money on lures, line, rods, reels ...... to enrich your fishing experience LOL
    Steve
    Finally got one

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chamelion View Post
    Not having much luck with the leader knots mate? Is that just with the bass hard or the power pro too?

I was just in panic mode trying to get a plastic out there didn't mean to grab the 10lb and didn't tie it properly it takes a bit more turns but I didn't... My fault. I threw on my 6 after that and no problems.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Alway's happen's to me as well mate the missus can be reading a book with a rod out & a big Flatty will jump on..But as Snodge said it's good to have them involved...