Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice salmon mate!!! Those little hollow bellies in white are a killer on big tarpon!!!
    To much water to fish and not enough time......

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    Nice fish Youngy, apparently there's a few Sambo's showing up here too.

That placcy is similar to what a lot of Noosans have been using of late, the Gastronomic Shad.
    We were getting Longtails on them in the bay and the river boys have been smashing the trevs and everything else on them.

Cheers, Jeff.

Thanks I bought some for 5 bucks a pack they look unreal but i threw the pack away and couldnt remember the name of them. Thanks you!

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny how fishing works...

When I lived in Sydney I quickly built up a hatred for Salmon as the stupid things were literally everywhere and they always got in the way when cahsing other fish.

Now I wouldnt mind catching one........

Gotta say though on light line they are great fun.

Nice fish Wayne.

Pete

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_P View Post
    Funny how fishing works...

When I lived in Sydney I quickly built up a hatred for Salmon as the stupid things were literally everywhere and they always got in the way when cahsing other fish.

Now I wouldnt mind catching one........

Gotta say though on light line they are great fun.

Nice fish Wayne.

Pete
    Same here Pete. We use to get them in plague proportion in Lake Macquarie and were a real pain when chasing tailor. Now I am thinking it is a shame there not up here in similar numbers as they would be a bucket of fun on the fly rod. We use to eat them in fish cakes though and they were alright.
    Steve
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Pete, they have been here since the end of May but are getting a bit harder to catch now because of all the boats chasing them around, wouldn't be surprised if they turn up your way before the end of winter.

Apollo, yes mate the fly fishermen down here love em, they certainly no how to pull that's for sure, cheers wayne

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope they turn up around kawana would be a duck load of fun.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

they are heaps fun we got some the other week in the broadwater on 70mm slick rigs in evil minnow mine sucked the placcy in to the point were it was in its actual stomach pouch along with about 100 sprat and a whiting ahha so much fun and i even managed to turn dad to plastics and 8lb braid never thought the day would come were he would use something under 20lb hahah

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi wayne, They certainly give you a workout,particularly when they hit the whiting gear in the strong tidal flow we get here in the lake entrance channel.
    Cheers, Mick
    aspire to inspire before you expire

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like the best of both worlds - good sport fish and edible, why are they so low on the list of desirable species?
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian

They are fun, but have limited table options. We use to only use them for fish cakes and they were tasty for that. If I ever get the chance to get one up here, I will try one through the smoker.

Steve
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast