Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default maroochy-bli bli info

While the Girlfriend is away the fisherman will play. I am thinking of heading down the back off blibli/ in the maroochy river doing a few drifts through the deeper holes down that way. I know there is a nice looking stretch between the bli bli bridge and some random houses that I had my eye one last time.

Wondering what people find work well in that area? I was planning on throwing my 4" minnow/flickbaits around plus I have some 120mm wrigglers that could go down a treat to a hungry jew or big lizard.

I have only fished down that way once and that was soaking a few pillies with dad. So I don't have any experience at all in that area.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a spot you should be able to get onto some jewies and flathead mate. Log in to MSN so I can send you a picture to demonstrate. Chance of a jack around there too, though obviously more likely in summer.

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Search Dunethin Rock
    To the shed!

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Always a chance for a jewie in the deep water near the houses you mentioned.just make sure you can fish it around a tide change.good luck.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

The fishing report in the Sunny Coast daily saturday.....
    two guys had about 4 trev, 4tailor abd a couple of flatties near the bridge..
    Some nice fish in the river now....
    I just hate that wind
    randell

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Attempted a change of scenery today. Hit up maroochy river to find the elusive jew or mother flathead. I got there pretty much on sunrise. Sweet couldnt wait to get out there.

I after trying a few different spots and almost getting run over by rowers I moved to where I really had in mind.

I got there and flatty first cast looks promising... A couple more came in but I kept dropping everything except tiddlers.. Half hour or so later I had a solid run and lots of shakes. Got a nice silvery fish almost to the boat getting ready to net it and what happens... My hook pulls out a jewies mouth F8ck Only around the 40-50cm mark but still I wanted a jew . Teaches me to use a thicker gauge hook I guess :

It all went down from there dropping so many other flatties and I quickly called it quits as soon as the wind picked up.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Better luck next time mate... Little 'locals' hint. Head around to fishermans road, it's an easier ramp when launching solo. Only a couple of hundred meters away.

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

nother tip, dont use bli bli ramp around low tide, its a shocker at the moment...

well done adam, its on of my favourite places to fish up there...
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

My last piece of advice is try using tt jigheads.heavy gauge and good penetration.but looks like you were in the game but.