Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy98 View Post
    Worth keeping a close eye on the new u-bolts as well if travelling over any rough stuff. It's suprising how much the corrugations can cause them to stretch from new.

In addition to using double nuts, I also use a dob of Silastic as another form of cheap insurance on nuts and bolts and screws etc (especially for number plates, lights etc).

Cheers,
    Roo
    got all the gear today for new trailer 600 bucks completed all brand new and i got double nuts so this wont be happing again
    finger crossed
    Fishing bring it on no matter the type .

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    just som rust that loosen off the old axle allowed slack and the rest is history

The reason I said rusted old trailer was because of what you wrote previously Nips

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    The reason I said rusted old trailer was because of what you wrote previously Nips
    All good jeff it had some but want the issue im just still pissed it happen and wish i had of doubled up the ubolt nuts may have stopped it but i guess i seem to keep learn lessons

That why the name on the boat suits me to a tee the getaway got away again and nearlly didnt come bacl

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

We're always learning mate, we learn things every day!

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like an adventure !!

I'm going to a trip that way with a car topper can't wait !!

Andrew

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Bit of a tough trip hey mate. Still those cod and blueys look pretty nice. I'm heading up there for a couple of weeks come the end of next month. Fingers crossed the fish and weather play the game....and the trailer stays in one piece lol

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dambuster View Post
    Bit of a tough trip hey mate. Still those cod and blueys look pretty nice. I'm heading up there for a couple of weeks come the end of next month. Fingers crossed the fish and weather play the game....and the trailer stays in one piece lol
    \
    yeah for sure awsome place and glad i did that first trip now too plan next years 2 trips there and im set new trailer is nearlly finished but one thing i would check is ya ubolts and double nut them so they cant come undone . weather will pay a huge part but if you dont get great weather just trek into on of the many creeks awsome there too

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nip, whats the camping like, and access to ramps etc as a camper??

and is there a pub???????
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    nip, whats the camping like, and access to ramps etc as a camper??

and is there a pub???????
    camping is free rakey there camp ground is less then a hundred metres from the boat ramp how ever there isnt any showers or tolets there even tho there was a pota loo there when i was up there .

There is only one ramp and low tide is out of the question so hour either side i waws able to get mine in but had to put it in 4wd to get out .

Creeks are awsome for fishing i did get a alot of undersize stuff in there but was more keen to get a gt then anything else so spread my effor to much . I wish i knew someone who was going up now as i could give them gps marks to see if my pots are still there

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

There is actually a long drop dunny at the camp grounds near the boat ramp, but like nipsta said no showers and the only water available is from a water tank so is subject to how much rain/visitors have been there. Think they have a bit of a pub set up at the general store (you can get take aways there anyway).

Nipsta you could try letting the people at the fishing store know the where abouts of your pots. Pretty sure they could organise a local to retrieve them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast