Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Fish, Whats Biting?

Hi guys,

Dad and i are taking my Punt upto Pacific Haven on the Burrum River and going to do abit of an Exploration trip around there saturday Arv whilst the tide is running out and running in...

This is new stomping ground for both of us, so i am chasing information on (is there going to be any obstacles we will come across down there?) imagine it will be quite shallow with sandbars and Rock bars! we are looking at heading up and down the river...

now to the fishing part? i have heard reports of Flatties, GT's, Barra, Jacks, etc.

we will mainly be chucking Plastics and Hardbodies around the flats and rock bars, and will probably try a troll....

so if anyone can lend me a hand on some info for around that area it would be muchly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks Nick
    Nick Bright

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

There are rocks both upstream and down,so be careful if you are planing. Also you will want to have pulled out well before low tide,as the ramp has a lot of mud on it. unless you are fishing bait,the jacks will probably be quiet,and there are lots of dead barra. id be looking for queenies and trevally around the trees with a quick retrieve.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...