Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Morning with Chewy.

Well, windy it was,here and there, but we persisted anyway.A morning of firsts for me,first time at Wals,first fish of the day(me),first Tarpon,first Giant Herring that would be enough for anyone,but theres more.First fish hit the boat after about 4th or 5th cast,very happy set the tone for the morning.After a quick move,Chewy couldn't keep a hook in so we tried a new spot.New location, on again,the trevally were starting to hit their straps.Chewy is now staying connected,we hung around this spot,catching a few.When things quietened down Chewy continued with his guided tour,which was very informative and I took it all in.Chewy decided it would be worth a look up the Isis,however with not much water there, it was a tricky few minutes manoeuvering to get in.During this slower period Lattes were enjoyed for morning tea before moving on and catching more fish.It was getting addictive.We were working back and forth along a bank catching Trevally,Chewy scored a few small Queenies,I landed a nice flattie.We moved back up the river a bit,and were getting Tarpon,which were busting up on the surface but wouldn't look at a popper.A lot of fish were taken on the drop with no work to the plastic at all.Chewy scored two nice Trumpeter which were dispatched to the esky.Then I landed the Giant Herring we saw it go flashing past and it must have turned and grabbed the wriggler.All up a great morning,thanks Chewy I enjoyed every bit.The only downside was the number of dead Barra floating or beached,even one lodged in a tree.There was a couple also barely alive just slowly swimming just under the surface.The water was very cold whether that has anything to do with it who knows.Other than that the system is in really good condition,the fish we caught in good health.It was good to see so many smaller queenies and trevs bodes well for the future.Chewy has most of the pics,but i did grab a couple of interesting studies.Must do it again Chewy,top morning,top company.

Paulo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).