Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely,my lips are sealed, now what were we talking about??.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice session Chewy and paulo!!! Am keen to get back their for a fish myself soon, looks like it is producing some good quality fish!!!
    Also another theory to why all the barra are dieing and looking sick as i herd word from another mate that herd word from a local that lives on the river and he said their have been people setting many nets and netting them, and only keeping the live ones in the net and then just knocking the dead ones out, that could be another reason.
    To much water to fish and not enough time......

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

hi Dane, netting is a big problem,heard one bloke got 70. these didnt appear to have any net marks on them,and the numbers of sluggish fish are huge. In saying that,the one andy lost,hooked in a deep hole,went like a rocket and went aerial. by the looks these fish are mostly dam fish,still being pretty black,and a lot of that 80-85 cm year class. Leon said the water is down round 18, so its pretty cold. even so..id like to see an O2 probe dropped in. Seems the further up you go the worse the problem is.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    hi Dane, netting is a big problem,heard one bloke got 70. these didnt appear to have any net marks on them,and the numbers of sluggish fish are huge. In saying that,the one andy lost,hooked in a deep hole,went like a rocket and went aerial. by the looks these fish are mostly dam fish,still being pretty black,and a lot of that 80-85 cm year class. Leon said the water is down round 18, so its pretty cold. even so..id like to see an O2 probe dropped in. Seems the further up you go the worse the problem is.
    Not sure my toes would agree with 18,the toemometer definitely registered "Jeez,thats cold" in the old measure that would be 15-16.
    But 18 is cool,but as we talked about Sunday you would expect the water in the dam to be cooler being still so surely they'd be used to cooler temps.The netting is a problem though,especially the numbers taken.
    Paulo

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

My sounder read 15-16 degrees in the lower burrum about 10 days ago. Didnt see any dead barra, but a night I wouldnt expect to. No hint of reds yet, but I did get jack in August here 2 yrs ago, so it was worth a look.

I also took readings of 16 temp in the Mary last Sat. It went up to 21 near the sugar mill.

thx for the report chewy. I must learn how to find my way into the Isis.

cheers
    Andrew

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    My sounder read 15-16 degrees in the lower burrum about 10 days ago. Didnt see any dead barra, but a night I wouldnt expect to. No hint of reds yet, but I did get jack in August here 2 yrs ago, so it was worth a look.

I also took readings of 16 temp in the Mary last Sat. It went up to 21 near the sugar mill.

thx for the report chewy. I must learn how to find my way into the Isis.

cheers
    Andrew
    Its really tricky Andrew,what you need to do is....close one eye,stick your tongue out..and you're right.Hope that helps.No catties up the sugar mill??

Paulo

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....i was concentrating...throwing the poly round isnt the easiest task going
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....i was concentrating...throwing the poly round isnt the easiest task going
    I know Bro,I was co pilot remember,we didn't spill any coffee so top job.
    My original directions for Andrew was going to be ,boat in at Wals don't forget to turn Left at Alberquque.Lol.By the way Chewy you've left the door open for the poly knockers.Actually people he threw it around with ease,No problemo!There you go thats fixed that "rookie error"
    Paulo
    Last edited by Barramag; 23-08-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

great effort men and a good range of species too ,the barra in my pond were not too good last week i put a heater in and they wrapped themselves around it like they were in front of a wood fire lol.definatley cold effecting them in the river i reckon

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by al49 View Post
    great effort men and a good range of species too ,the barra in my pond were not too good last week i put a heater in and they wrapped themselves around it like they were in front of a wood fire lol.definatley cold effecting them in the river i reckon
    I think it must be the cold Al,pity though they look alright otherwise.You'll be on the countdown well and true now I bet.
    Paulo

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast