Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tough few days at the sunny coast

Hi guys,
    Cheryl and I headed to Maloolabah for 4 days for some outside action... well we went outside for an hour or so on Saturday arvo trying to use the headland as some cover from the wind and swell. That was ok but someone forgot to tell the wind to play the game and stay SE. Got a nice wrass and a moses and by that stage all of us were feeling pretty green, especially Ben who fed the fish some chips, thats when we decided to head in and have a flick with the light gear.
    Ben did ok getting a nice flatty but that was it for the day.
    The next day Cheryl and I went up to the Noosa river and flicked around the mangrove islands for 4 hours or so. Got a couple of nice flatties over the 50 mark on the 1kg rod with 4lb line on it, but no more hits. Those mangrove islands look great.
    Started heading back to Maloola and every time I went around a right hander the left tyre was scraping on the mud guard. On close inspection it looked like the spring had collapsed on the trailer, so in she went the next day. Yep spring shot. 3 of 4 leaves broken right through. Almost knew how Nip felt the other weak, was very lucky.
    Anyhow it turns out the springs were under rated for the weight of the boat so we upgraded them and to top it off the brake cable snapped as well so its fixed as well now.
    The guy at the shop reckons I need to upgrade the twin rollers to 4's to make the boat roll on and off properly so thats my next project.
    Anyhow we had a great weekend away together regardless of the wind. I reckon I could con Cheryl into living up Noosa way one day .
    Cheers
    Steve
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

This be my little flatty for the day, not the biggest beast. Thought I had hooked one half it's size until it woke up!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ben..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

You got out amongst it Steve,pity about Mooba.The Noosa River is a special spot don't ya reckon.Just keep your head down on the holiday times lol.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Better than sitting at home Snodge. I thought Ben was on the coast over the weekend after seeing another picture with a familar bridge in the background.

Nice Flatty!

Dave

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a nice log next to that bridge that would be submerged at high tide, looks real jacky
    Ben..

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Yer love the river Paulo.
    The whole system up there looks Jacky hey. Love it.
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Just at the back of Bens head is a bit of a hole, pretty good flatty spot.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snodger View Post
    I reckon I could con Cheryl into living up Noosa way one day .
    Cheers
    Steve
    John's Landing the place Snodge, cheap rent, good people, right in Jack country.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    John's Landing the place Snodge, cheap rent, good people, right in Jack country.
    But i dont own a banjo dids . Place we liked was an older qlder next to Weyba Ck I think. Looked great from the water.
    Dave it was great getting the galey out again. If I ever talk about selling her again slap me LOL.
    Last edited by Snodger; 06-09-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    Finally got one

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think anybody there owns anything, it's all borrowed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast