Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feels good to be back on the water..

Got out there on sunday and the wind was a shocker, Persisted anyway got to play with the new bow mount ( fun trying to get use to it ).

Hit some canals in the morning for a few bream and a 40ish flatty, kept me entertained for a bit breaking in my new patriarch xtr rod( thanks for the advice pete its a top rod picking it up at 35% off was a bonus), Picked up my other outfit and headed to a neat little sand bar throwing around bigger plastics to try find a decent flatty, Couldn't find any just some hungry bream smashing the 110mm flickbaits. one went 31cm the other we landed was 33. I hooked upto something decent out on the bank short sharp powerful runs with the odd tail beat, the 8lb/10lb brad,leader combo didnt last long though.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Adam....
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet always good to get a few fish on the new gear. The deck looks good too. What model patriarch did you get and what do you plan to use it for?
    Last edited by shaun_s; 07-09-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaun_s View Post
    Sweet always good to get a few fish on the new gear. The deck looks good too. What model patriarch did you get and what do you plan to use it for?
    I got the 2-6lb 6'10. Mostly for throwing my canal lures ( walkers/poppers, small stickbaits and plastics.) pretty much everything haha. It has a really nice tip on it for manipulating lures. I was using a 2-4kg luvias but found it a bit stiff sometimes so it's become my slightly heavier rod.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice... still waiting to land a bream on plastic..!
    Ben..

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehhehe, I knew you'd go the patriarch