Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything eat's a wriggler

With the AWESOME weather we decided to go do a spot of early season flats fishing. To go have a look for some Goldies and Queenies. so out came the fly gear!! Motored around the flats, and saw schools of small trevs that were very very flighty couldn't get in casting distance. Saw a fare few queenies hooning round in the shallows and some goldies mooching around but they just didn't want to eat a fly or plastic. They were very flighty when you started to get within 30-40meters from them, maybe it was to calm lol. Saw a mother dugon and its calm swimming round in the shallows. Having no luck on the flats we dicided to go fish this creek we recently found that has produced some good fish before. Got up and put the electric down and slowly started moving up the creek flicking the ever faithful 100mm squidgy wriggler Blood worm. With in 15 min we had 3 Big whiting in the boat, 31cm, 34cm and 36cm. Missed so many other whiting and pulling hooks. Got a few flatties on the way aswell. Put a cast in under cover and got smashed by a 45cm grunter and on a 1000 ci4 6lb braid egrell 1-3kg rod it went hard. Moved up to we got to this whole and managed to pull 3 jewies at 30-40cm, 2 bream 25cm and between me and dad we got busted up and pulled hooks on another 10 fish, a few being grunter im sure as i know there runs. Hooked up and was onto a good fish and was pulling line fast on the light gear, got a beaut 50cm grunter. Missed some more good fish. With the tide running out we had to get out of the creek before we got stuck in there. Headed to the flats for one last try and spotted a school of 5 goldies taleing in the shallows followed them until we got close enough and put in the cast but all went wrong and the lure ended up in the middle of them. Then decided to head home.

Cheers Dane
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To much water to fish and not enough time......

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

you guys have got some amazing fishing up there. good effort on the light gear to land those grunters they go hard dont they

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

nice work dane =) cant wait to get my boat

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

very nice fish there dane some great eating fish to

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work there mate, been really wanting to get a nice big grunter on plastics myself lately, but it hasnt workd for me yet. Beautiful whiting too
    Good work

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey mate what size jighead were you using with the 100mm wriggler again. Was it a 1/8 with a 1/0??
    Thanks, Luke

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea Luke, i use a TT 1/8 head on a size 1 or 1/0 hook.
    To much water to fish and not enough time......

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great fish again Dane,Those Bloodworm Wrigglers arn't they the one's that are hard to get ??
    Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Top fishing Dane, not wrong on the wrigglers attracting anything!!
    Yeah Bazil, I find them hard to get. My lovely girlfriend saw some in target near her work and bought all 6 packs they had left for me hehe
    Ben..

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil Brush View Post
    Great fish again Dane,Those Bloodworm Wrigglers arn't they the one's that are hard to get ??
    Baz
    They are hard to find, I notice the new batch is slightly different in color but seem to work well still . I checked four different tackleshops once and none to be seen .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast