Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't let Pistol_Pete have all the fun!

With only a few hours spare this morning I knew the weather was going to be a cracker so I loaded the boat up and hit mooloolah river. Car trailers were miles down the road but somehow managed a park. We started on our drift and I hooked up a small flatty first cast. Great start, Few more casts later saw the slightest twitch on my line and struck up came a 58cm flatty ( even better start). Along followed another 59cm flatty few minutes later. As the tide came in the water got really clear, could see the bottom in 5m of water so we moved down to a dirty water line with a very rocky bottom. After a few spirited casts my line went tight to a fish. It went crazy and went for a huge run, I have not had that much line taken in ages I was only using 5.5lb fireline exceed with a 6lb fc rock leader It was just full power and no breaks until it was buggered The only way I could get line back was chasing it with the bowmount. About 10 minutes later up popped a diamond shape from the depths. couldn't believe the size of it. A PB diamond for me a 12cm upgrade from the last!. These beasts fight very different to the regular GT,Bigeyes with come accross. After a few quick photos and a quick swim of the fish it was gone like nothing had happened. Kept casting to a couple of decent hits but not solid takes. Managed a few smaller flatties, bream and one ugly flounder not seen ones in yonks. But nothing was going to take the shine from the diamond for me . I came home a very happy camper!.