Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff Dane. I think I need some tips on how to work these wrigglers lol.. I get the odd fish here and there but not consistantly
    Ben..

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Was a nice looking flatty you pulled in today mate.. Must have pushed 60-65?.. I nearly choked when your mate hung her from the lips with the grippers though. A little belly support is always a good idea

I had one little hit, but didn't get to stay long.. Kids were bugging me to take their scooters to the bowl near wetside. :-/

Matt.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta get me some of those Wriggler's somewhere..

Baz

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Too Easy- Dad keep dreaming buddy haha

Chamelian: i had a feeling it was you but didn't want to ask and look like an idiot if it wasn't, we had a pretty good session at the lakes today. Yea and well for him supporting the fish ive told him lol
    To much water to fish and not enough time......

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice nice I was a bit tired and dealing with my kids, who weren't really letting me fish (had been to a couple of other spots and they were nagging me hard to go somewhere where they could ride the scooters).. So I was in a bit of a grump, hence the lack of a decent 'hello'. :P

There is something rather large in there.. Had a huge hit on a 100mm popper back in March. Didn't quite hook up, but whatever it was, it was big. I'll have to go back there when the conditions are the same and try again I think. I really need to fish more in general.. I've been far too slack the last 6 months.

Been also meaning to chase those monster GH and Queenies in the other one.. Pushing a good meter easy, the ones I saw.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats understandable, i manage to get 3 flatties, a 60cm cod and 2 bream 26cm and 28cm, a mullet lol about 60cm and me and my mate lost a barra each in 2 casts 2 barra lost we weren't happy haha one was on my ever faithful 100mm squidgy wriggler blood worm and the other a green bomber.

Mate you won't believe what are in those lakes!!! Barra, jack, thready, jew, cod, bream, flatty, grouper, trevs, queeny, GH, barracuda, kingys, fingermark, grunter, tailor, mackeral, tarpon, rays, shovelnose, sharks and the list goes on.Yea ive got some big GH and queenies before, but they are mainly taken on bait a pretty rare catch on lure ive found.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they do always seem skittish on lures in places like that.. Have a few things that worked back on the coast, so might give it a shot sooner or later. I just have to get the motivation to soak some bait.

Looks like you had a worthwhile session

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally found some 100mm Wriggler's in Bloodworm, in the local tackle shop here in Inverell of all place's, They had 6 packet's..
    Now all i have to do is get back over to the coast..

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work Dane, has anyone ever told you that your hands are massive!!

You'd be a good piano player if you weren't such a good fisho!

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Baz, get into them now!!

Jeff-haha yea been told that many times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12