Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First time wild bassing

I got taken to a local wild bass spot yesterday. I have never been bass fishing before so it seemed like a fun adventure. The Mozzies were thick and so was the bush land. I had two shirts on so turned on into my own version of the burka for some form of comfort from them. all in all it was a fairly slow morning it was mostly exploring then fishing. We found a neat little snag on a bend of the river, first cast went to pat threw his blade in and snagged up poped it off and the bass smashed it as it hit the water. I throw my little 3B walker in there next to get it absolutely hammered with the walker flying out of the water. After a bit of excitement from seeing the burst of a bass I throw it back in to have a little shower of bait and then my walker inhaled. It put up a good account for itself fight wise I see why people get addicted to them. Pat threw his blade back in to have it smashed again but it threw the hooks near the bank. We had a couple other hook ups/drops for the day but one fish was enough for me!.
    I gave my rod a rough measure when I got home and its a 38-40cm model Very happy!