Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

20lb braid ,various brands my fave would be erskin power braid,20 to 40 jinki leader ,the green spool as the red is a bit stiff,jinki is not expensive either for a good spool ,very abrasive resistent too

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll use 15lb-20lb main with a 20-30lb leader. That said, I have recently put 30lb on my baitcaster, but that's because I intend to target barra with it too, now that I've moved closer to where they can be caught.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - I also use 20lb Power Pro braid as main line & 40lb to 80lb as leader ( Usually Jinai Plus ) - wore through 50lb Flouro on a 80+cm barra in the Burrum recently

So many fish - Scotto
    So Many Fish - So little time !

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    Yeah - I also use 20lb Power Pro braid as main line & 40lb to 80lb as leader ( Usually Jinai Plus ) - wore through 50lb Flouro on a 80+cm barra in the Burrum recently

So many fish - Scotto

Scotto,

which brand of flouro rubbed through? I landed a 92 earlier in the year after quite a long fight on 30lb braid with a 50lb YGK Galis leader, the lure was completly swallowed but the leader didn't even look like wearing through.

Jake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12