Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default finally red this season

after gettin a donout today with youngy an watchin my mate catch a jack i was keen to catch somethin/ gettin ripped up by 2 really nice jacks in one afternoon last week on surface an losin 2 sammys only added to the itch
    ended up takin out the yak out the back of mine at 530 again with my fav lure atm a faithful sammy ! ! i'll always fish surface when i can its my favourite style for sure

anyway almost immediatly started gettin bream boils an a few hits but no connection then about 100m from my house threw in a cast on the rock wall about 2-3m had a decent smash but no hook up threw in again this time it didnt miss after a decent tassle on my 1-3kg zing finally seen red couple of pics an off the trooper went

right on dark on the way back to mine somethin weird happen/ hooked up to another fish which proceded to thrash around on surface eventually breakin me off ? ? there was not much weight to this fish but the weird thing was about 20 secs later he came up to the surface thrashin around tryin to throw the lure? this happened a good 5-6 times another weird thing was he was creatin a wake on the surface that much i could follow his every move? i followed him for about 5 mins tryin to catch him in the net to help the lil bugger out but no avale any idea what it coul of been?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo, nice bit of red right there

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

nice fish chris , sounds like she just tryin to dislodge the lure, prolly woulda rubbed it off on somethin...nice fish... do you like the samaki rods.??, i have a heavier zing, nice rod..
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Could have been a tarpon mate, they play up a fair bit.
    I have had them spit lures back at me, lots of fun!
    Red

Fish Well, Fish Egrell

Red@redmandesigns.com.au

FishLife Magazine - best mag around
    Red@fishlife.tv

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

yea mate i like the zings very muchly altho it will prob never be the same my mate put up the electric window with my tip through got it fixed straight away/ a bit shorter now

i was thinkin a tarpon too? hopefully he has thrown it an some lucky bugger has found my sammy

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a Longtom to me. Had 'em do that before and they are pretty docile fish.

Having said that I hooked a Tarpon on a plastic once and it jumped the first time and rubbed through the leader. Then jumped 3 more times trying to spit the lure even though I wasn't connected.

Could have been a Tailor possibly?

Good fishing.