Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Karratha fishing trip that wasnt

Well we had planned on camping saturday night at Balla Balla and fishing the nice rock bars I had heard so much about.
    Left from work at 4.30pm and headed the 1 hour drive north. Get to where we thought was the camping spot (wrong place apparently) and began setting the tents up. That was until the 10 or so tagalongs who had nothing to do with the fishing side of things started whinging and complaining about how desolate and full of sandflies the place was. I was thinking HTFU princesses, and almost said so but thought better of it.
    The call was made and they decided to head to a fresh water river 40km south. I had no choice as the tinny was being towed by another vehicle and the one I had couldnt tow it. So it was back to the fresh and into the cans.
    All in all it was a great night and we bumped into a couple of sweedish backpackers in a van who enjoyed our company and our black zambucca's.
    Got up at 6am Sunday ready to head back to Balla Balla to launch the tinny. Guess what. Everyone had had enough and wanted to go home, have a shower and a sleep in the airconditioning. Again HTFU princesses came to mind. So the boat went with them and my dreams of fishing that rock bar have been put on hold for another 3 weeks.
    So fished a couple of spots shore based on the way home for 0 hits so called it a day around 1pm and watched telly back in the room.
    Now I have a plan to put the tinny further back on the trailer so I can tow it with a ute (towbar further under the tray than a prado). The boat goes with me and if they are too pussy to sleep next to a sandfly infested river then bugger them. Thats what they have bushmans for anyhow.
    Steve
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to pick a new crew next time Snodge, Everyone get's very friendly drinkin Black Sambucca, lovely stuff.
    Baz

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Had the crew picked Baz. Just the tagalongs messed it up. Never mind. Things will be different next time I tell ya LOL.
    Steve
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I get stooged by muppets like this almost every time I try to go out with a crew.
    My favorite one is when you actually get to the water, but before the couple of you who provide the 'free guiding service' - kitting all the numpties up with loaned gear and showing everyone how things work - have even got your own line in the water, the first tagalong has called boredom, or bad light, or mosquito's.
    I used to break easily and try to keep everyone happy and shuttle people home, now I tell them to f**k off walking. Less tagalongs these days...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

wasnt Randy was it mate???????????
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of turds in a smokey fire Snodge.
    To the shed!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

we bumped into a couple of sweedish backpackers
    Must of been bloke as there are no photo's or is cheryl keeping and eye on this site lol

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve,
    Those blokes sound like the fellas here who want to go out with you but when the weather is right and you ask them, it's "Oh, I've just got to ring the wife". That's the end of that.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    wasnt Randy was it mate???????????
    Who Snodge?, the backpackers? or someone else?
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

nah mate wasnt randy. he is on r&r. pretty sure the back packers were randy after the sambuccas but they sounded like they were batting 4 the wrong team lol
    Finally got one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast