Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chewy and Paulo's Big Day Out.

Well after a change of starting point Sunday morning saw Chewy and myself putting the poly in at Wals Camp for a run up the Gregory.I truly believe weather forcasting is now designed to annoy fishing folk.10-15 Oh No Livio you got it wrong again.Despite this eventuality fishing commenced,we began at a bank near Buxton,very fishy and didn't take long for prove our thoughts were on the money.Chewy was on first today,although he wasn't expecting what appeared,after a short tussle into the boat came a nice little jewy.Probably the last fish he was expecting.Next he does battle with a....Cod,his favorite fish.I'm starting to feel a bit left out,when Wham,a fiesty Trevally leads me a dance before coming aboard.Then only about 2 feet from the boat I was monstered by a Barra,I was totally unready in fact was already planning the next cast when it grabbed the snapback big swirl and boil,all over red rover.Chewy estimated about 85cm model Bugger!We had a move after this and working along a snaggy bank Chewy is on,and a nice Jack hits the mat.Not huge but a beautiful colour.Along here I managed a couple more...Cod,Chewys favorite fish.They were getting bigger tho.Chewy also scored a Trevally that dumped its last meal on the mat,a flounder.
    We then moved again and next to the most inconspicuous bit of tree sticking up Chewy gets a few bumps the a take Barra on! Then off! I put a cast in bang Barra on,few jumps not huge but nice fish but throws the hooks.We continue to pepper the area when I'm on again this time the Barra comes to the boat.After releasing this one a couple of casts later i'm on again and another Barra is on the mat.Some excellent net work from Chewy involved here.We then cruise further up the Gregory chasing the original red coloured target species but to no avail.We arrive at the waterfall and Chewy says this spot looks fishy and fires in a cast Bang! another Barra on although it didn't put up to much of a fight and soon arrived in the boat.We then headed back down thw river with the tide pushing up and the wind blowing my hat off which Chewy retrieved with a text book man overboard manoevre.Chewy was keen to fish a rock bar on the way back but despite more than a few casts that was it and it was decided it was time to head in.The wind when we came out into the Burrum was unbelievable definitely not what was forcast,hat went again for good this time.Although next time you're down that way Mr Blackley have a look for it please,hats are a speciality of yours I believe.Anyway,another session over.Good fun top company thanks Chewy.Barra were caught on XRap8 in clown,plus a couple of cod the trev was a snapback in blue glimmer 8lb Nanofil and 10lb Vanish leader.Chewy has the fishy pics I got some scene setters
    Paulo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Lads!!!

Must get down there soon!!

Know a good guide

Cheers Stevo
    There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.......right next to the mash potatoes

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a top day out, I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

GW lads.

Matt.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry Matt,holidays in two weeks.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

top day out paulo and mr chew...
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day out nice one fellas

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff fella's, sounds like a great day out.

Baz

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time was had. Good work coaxing that barra onto the live trevelly...too bad it didn't hook up.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

jeus you will be a local in no time paul your hat no dout will be with scotts pink richo lure hope i find both

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...there was no prior mention of the pink richos Pete..
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast