Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrew its a good idea,but I don't believe either of our reps will touch it with a barge pole.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barramag View Post
    Andrew its a good idea,but I don't believe either of our reps will touch it with a barge pole.
    Paulo

Yep. They need to be convinced that is the right thing to do and has popular local support Paulo. Of course they also need to balance that with towing the party line if they are aligned with either of the major parties.

It is not as though it would be a conscience vote that is non-partisan.

Cheers
    Paul

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Yep. They need to be convinced that is the right thing to do and has popular local support Paulo. Of course they also need to balance that with towing the party line if they are aligned with either of the major parties.

It is not as though it would be a conscience vote that is non-partisan.

Cheers
    Paul
    Paul,ones LNP and the other is Independent and I don't know whether they would risk the wrath of the local fishing industry,who seem to be untouchable, to push the issue.The LNP rep has turned up at several fisheries meetings flying the flag.Not sure on the intensity level though.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barramag View Post
    Paul,ones LNP and the other is Independent and I don't know whether they would risk the wrath of the local fishing industry,who seem to be untouchable, to push the issue.The LNP rep has turned up at several fisheries meetings flying the flag.Not sure on the intensity level though.
    Paulo
    Agree Paulo. The key to anything like that is establishing popular local support. No point in them hanging themselves out to dry if they think they are trying to advocate for a position that will not win them the majority of votes. Like floggin a dead horse. They have to believe it is a vote winner....bottom line.

Cheers
    Paul

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345