Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Myth busters Fishing & Banana's

Hi All
    Pete (Gunna) and i went on a myth busting mission this morning to prove that banana's on boats and fishing do mix well the myth is Proven Pete landed a beautiful 51cm snapper on you guessed it a banana coloured plastic(curried Chicken) i also had a nice hit and stayed connected for all of 1 sec before i got a frayed 20lb leader back not sure what it was but it had teeth.
    we also set about 5 pots for a feed of sand crabs one of witch we lost mid morning ,looks like someone cleaned up the rope with there motor.
    about 8am we decided to go for a look up into hays inlet and i was not suprised to find 3 or 4 other boats flicking for flathead, we had a few drifts where i came into my own picking up a nice 42cm flattie , a stingray and a 27cm bream all on plastics pete managed to get a flattie to the boat but gave it and early release(in other words he stuffed up) made it back to the ramp about 10am with the days tally of 1 snapper,1 flathead,1 bream and 4 sandcrabs,
    we also had an inspection by the fisheries patrol and had a chat to them poor pete could not take his eye's off the blonde skipper

it is very hard to get a pot in the water out at woody point now in the area the crabs hold, as most of it is now in the green zone and we had about 8 boats crabbing there just trying to work out who's float was who;s was bad enough

shane
    Attached Images Attached Images