Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This season so far

As alot will know im a mad keen jack fisho and jew fisho This is a bit of a update on where and what i have been targeting

So far i have done done 14 trips from october till now fishing 2 systems Maroochy and Caloundra

I have Hooked 10 jacks and battled to land 5 out of the 10 ranging from 34 cm to the biggest of just 50cm
    I have hooked and landed 8 jew all under size biggest being 69cm
    I have hooked and land 3 GT , shovel nose sharks , 2 sting rays , 2 pike ells , and too many catfish to recall , and ive caught some good bream (numbers unsure )

Most have come on live bait oh there was a session off the rocks chucked in there as well and i score a nice tailor out of 3 hooked (jumping and spitting lures back at ya sux ) on a gillies pilchard lead 85gram

Bu the most memorable session happen for me on the 28th of Novemeber where i finally broke a voodoo that has been haunting me for the last 5 years I cracked a jack on a lure
    He went 47 cm and went to a Manns stretch 12 plus pictures tell the story .

I fished a deep hole i had soundered up a few years back and it felt right tide had turned and was running in . iwas cast parrell to the bank and bring it out on a slight anler into the deep hole which works a treat . To say i was happy was a understatement . Of all the fish i have caught over the last few years this was the most satisfying catch .

Unfortunatley due to fishing alone most of the time i wasnt able to take pictures with me holding the fish bah the brag matt shots
    How ever there is one with me holding the speciemen i caught on lure

Im now more addicted to the red devils then i ever have been and im sure there are more to come
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fishing bring it on no matter the type .

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, congrats on the Jack, it is a nice colour too!!
    Ben..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Bout time lazy bones,some nice fish there Nip.Good variety to.You'll have to get one of those snazzy tripod thingos for the camera,bout $14 in bigW.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love those red devils = well done Nip , there are some good fish there

chris

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Look's like you have had a very good season,some nice fish there. well done

Baz

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Might have to start calling you Teflon Jnr mate!!!

Noice fishing there Simon!!! great to see your getting amongst them!!

Cheers Stevo
    There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.......right next to the mash potatoes

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzy 500 View Post
    Might have to start calling you Teflon Jnr mate!!!

Noice fishing there Simon!!! great to see your getting amongst them!!

Cheers Stevo

hahaha yeah been hiding doing my own thing abit . Cant get enough of the jacks that is for sure . Love them red devils and there tastey too .

I know of a recent catch on the sunny coast of a 63cm jack out of the mooloolah river one of the fellows from works caught it .

Good size fish be nice to crack the 55cm mark so i can have a new PB 54cm at the moment but i will keep trying maybe tomorrow for a flick after work

I still got to do a trip to baffle with ya too stev keen for that once i get stanage bay out of my system

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nip, I will be keen for that baffle fish mate. I know your a guru there!!

Hey, what sort of camera took those pics??? Why I say, and dont panic, but my Panasonic Lumix (waterpfoof job) started taking photos that had the same glary look that most of your pics have.....then it got worse and now....Its dead. Very annoyed as it was supposedly a top end camera.

Cheers Steve
    There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.......right next to the mash potatoes

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunetly it was on my samsung galaxy phone . So im hoping it hasnt got the dying bug other wise i will have to start taking my camera out with me . I use to take the camera but kept forgeting to put it back in the boat and since i got the phone there all the time it normally goes ok might have just been me

Dont know about guru but know of a few areas to catch them i didnt get any last time i was there but im keen to attack again

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Nipsta, thanks for the report, they are addictive buggers Jacks and Jew, and certainly a challenge. Especially on lures! good onya,

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast