Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Couple'o bream from today,

Went to try for some jacks this morning for only two hook ups which dusted me both times , So thought I would go try for some trevs while it was still early, I put the electric in and I could hear a boat coming so I tucked myself into the jettis to get out there way... I was literally 1m from the jetti/boat and this boat keeps cruising at passes me by about 2m when they have a friggin 50m wide canal to get away from me and he knew I was trying to get out his way... Dicks... considering how quiet the river was today I had nearly everyboat either fly passed me or cruise really really close....

Anyway started to fish at the jettis slight tick at the line struck at it and a bloody stinky puffa fish came up then next cast a hairtail.. Bit of bad luck with the rod today for some reason.. So I gave in and picked up the light stick for some breambos. Least they wanted to play landed about 6-7 all up which is good fun on the light stick. I have not tied on a 4lb leader in months and months Have to start trying again now some of them took off like small trains!

Last edited by 004dam; 04-12-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Brimbo's there Adam!

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

good work on the breambo's mate. Fair bit of lead on your jighead, what depth were you fishin?

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goob View Post
    good work on the breambo's mate. Fair bit of lead on your jighead, what depth were you fishin?

yeah I know, I have my other HWS on order as I had used them all and did not realise. It was a 1/16th in about 3-4m of water but there was nearly no current today so it was a touch heavy. I would of picked up a few more I reckon if I had of had my trusty 1/28th or lighter. I was skipping them into bridge pylons I could see the fish chase it down the water column but it was sinking to fast and they would turn away.

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

nice bream adam, that tide rips threw some of them bridges on mooloolah ,...those pylons behind you can be hard to fish when its gushin....
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Adam! I am sill trying to crack a breambo on plastic, come close a few times for no go
    Ben..

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UndersizeBreamKing View Post
    Nice work Adam! I am sill trying to crack a breambo on plastic, come close a few times for no go
    They are pretty annoying most of them suck it and then spit it out before you feel it in the rod. Paying close attention to any twitches in your line pays big time.