Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coomera Jack Advice

Hi all

For those who are familiar with the coomera.....I have a huuuuge favour to ask.

I have 1 year left in Brisbane and I am desperate to catch a jack. Yep, just one is fine!
    So having never been on the river, I'm going to start investigating it with the planning of getting to know it before 'jack season' opens next year.
    All I would like to know is if I put in at the ramp at the park just up stream of Sanctuary Cove, in search of my quest should I turn left or right? As in, should I head up or down stream of that area.
    I'm not expecting anyone to tell me their favorite jack snags or rock bars, but I'd really appreciate some advice like 'from the ramp head upstream for a few km's and keep an eye out on your left' for example. I prefer to throw lures as a general rule of thumb and predominately release my fish as I would rather my young boy experience catching fish rather than me feeding him.
    Any help, advice or tips will be greatly appreciate.

Cheers, Rhet.