Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing everyday, not many fish around but..

So with the holidays finally upon us, my family decided to have 3 weeks straight of camping at inskip point. We usually come here every holidays, and the last holiday we had here, fish were everywhere. Only fishing land based also. Usually when I fish here I get flathead by the dozen, whiting, bream, trevally, Jew, mackerel and tailor
    Now being summer, you don't really get any tailor and it's a bit harder to find as many Jew or bream. But never the less, I'm still keen to fish.
    With the girlfriend being here the first week, there wasn't much fishing at all she doesn't really like it.
    But I still fished, not to much prevail but. Not many flatty around, I use to catch about 12 every time I went down, now it's a struggle to catch 2
    Using my new certate 2500, which I'm in love with. And the new gl2 loomis 2-6lb rods with the new stradic fj 1000 with 3lb power pro. Loving this new gear
    So far I've only caught a few flatty, 1 on fly ranging from 35-62 and millions of pike, a couple whiting on plastics, couple bream, 3 Jew and one trevally that went 45 cm but
    I couldn't get a photo because it was dark and I was by myself apologies for no photos, I'm on my iPhone and it won't upload any.
    Cheers, Kurt
    i like to fish.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you better buy a diamond ring for the certate instead of the girlfreind hey
    Steve
    Finally got one

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol.steve..Weather has got to let up soon Kurt...And Jess Must have to work soon surely...
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

That's fish'in Kurt! Enjoy the rest of ya holidays at the Pt.