Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick goldy flick

Just got back from having a quick flick down in the canals of Goldy, my original plan was to chase some Jacks. I spent the first hour and half casting and trolling for not even a touch!
    So I thought stuff it, I will chuck on some small surface lures and try for some Bream. Best choice I made all day!!
    Within the first 10-15min of casting, the lure was getting smashed. However I wasn't getting any hookups... So I sat and thought about what I am doing wrong.. not enough slack in the line!!! Next cast as I was walking the scum dog, I left a lot more slack in the line. It gets smashed again, I watch as it goes under give it a micro second and strike! This time I come up tight!!! A lovely little 23cm Bream graces the net. A first on surface and in the yak for me, stoked!!
    Another few casts later at the same pontoon, a smaller looking hit takes the lure under, I set the hooks and this one feels much nicer. 35cm.. sweeeet A much smaller hit then the smaller Bream!
    Unfortunately that was all I could manage... I did however drop one in the 40's yak side and another around 30.. the wind picked up and gave me all sorts of grief and shut down the bite, even in sheltered areas.
    But I was quite stoked none the less for the efforts, it was a good little session for me, I learned a bit more about chasing these angry little fish on surface
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ben..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice mate, I threw surface at the bogan bass in the local the other arvo, couldnt hook a looker, they were just rolling on the sammy
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Ben, you are never to old to learn in the fishing game.

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Baz that's right hey, learn something every trip!
    Yeah had plenty just roll over the back of the scum dog to Brian
    Ben..

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

nice work ben!, What color scum dog were you using? The sad part about bream is you get addicted very quickly! They are so much fun when they want a surface lure or two!

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! havn't pulled one off the surface in ages.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 004dam View Post
    nice work ben!, What color scum dog were you using? The sad part about bream is you get addicted very quickly! They are so much fun when they want a surface lure or two!

You can kinda see it in the pic of the smaller bream, was a dark brown with dark stripes but was somewhat transperant lol they werent keen on the brighter one I had.
    Oh yes I am addicted now tooo....
    Ben..