Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not a Bad start to the year!

Well with the Bass having been shut down lately it was time to target something different for a change. with the tides looking A OK for today i organised with Lindsay the neighbour(Scubaninja) to go for a fish down Toogoom chasing Flatties on the flats... with Low tide being 7.30 we managed to be on the water at 7.15 to fish the last of the run out and the turn of the tide.... launched the punt and off we headed to the sand flats out front the boat ramp i rigged my 8lb gear with a 15lb leader and 4" storm prominnow and 1st cast saw me connected to a little flatty of about 35cm.... kept fishing for another 20min walking the flats for nothing.... we decided now to head up creek with the incoming tide and managed to find another sand bank with a shallow channel running down the side pulled the boat up and continued walking i re rigged with a 3" Gulp Shrimp (Natural Colour) and 1st cast on the drop it was nailed by another hansom flatty about 35-40cm.. after another 5min using the shrimp i decided to change to a 100mm Squidgy Wriggler (Silver Fox Colour) casted it out and 1 wind of the handle saw me connected to another healthy specimen going 35cm+...... decided to pull out the bit heavier gear to look for some Jacks and 1st cast of my new Flatz Ratz into some Mangroves saw me connected after 1 turn of the handle to a lovley little cod!! kept wondering up further with the tide and managed a swipe from a Jack and to be bitten off several times by little tailor......Lindsay did not so well on the other hand but he did manage to find a little kids toy bait net! LOL...was a great trip and cant wait to for the next one to hopefully deliver a few bigger specimens!!

Cheers Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick Bright