Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Short Bay Session...

As the forecast was for notherlies increasing during the morning, Kyle & I opted for session not too far from the boatramp at Green Island yesterday. The pre-dawn darkness saw us fishing the eastern drop off but bait schools were scarce. My blade was getting plenty of attention but mostly from undersize snapper and grinners!

Kyle managed a good sized flounder on plastics and my blade eventually scored a decent fish - a 45cm bar-tailed flathead. As the sun rose and the boat traffic picked up the bite went quiet so we headed for the shallows.

Our bream lures got immediate attention by lots of small snapper. My best was 35cm but Kyle struck at a light take and was rewarded with a long zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. After a good fight a 45cm snapper graced the net.

I then managed a small grassy emperor, a small bream plus a few more small snapper. As the wind started to build we gave it away around 8.30am.

Final tally was about 20 snapper, two estuary cod, a grassy, a flounder, a bream, a bar-tailed flathead, a porcupine fish and about 10 grinners! All fish released for another day.

Good fun and variety in a short session! Sorry, no pics...

Cheers

Pete & Kyle
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeez you guys catch more in a day than I do in a year!
    haha well done again!
    Ben..

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UndersizeBreamKing View Post
    Jeez you guys catch more in a day than I do in a year!
    haha well done again!
    Same same
    Well done boys.
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops! Kyle will kill me - his snapper was 46cm not 45!
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Beats work ...... well done again !

Chris

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Loving ya work Pete...Doing well to be amongst so many fish so close to metropolis..
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nagg View Post
    Beats work ...... well done again !

Chris
    Your not wrong Chris, ever since it stopped raining down here i havn't had time to scratch myself let alone go fishing.

Good stuff again Pete & Kyle you's certainly have got them worked out.

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Loving ya work Pete...Doing well to be amongst so many fish so close to metropolis..
    Cheers Chewy - the thing that gets me is all the negativity about Moreton Bay. It's either overfished, too polluted or the wind is in the wrong direction! Despite this we see plenty of bait schools, turtles, dugong, dolphins and pelagics (when they are there...).

Admittedly we hit the bay often and regularly but since the floods the bay has been fishing very well in all conditions! Yesterday there was heavy boat traffic and a blusterly NE wind yet fish were being caught.

Supposedly it is the wrong time of year for snapper but we have caught around 10 fish from 35 - 60cm (plus countless undersize ones) at Green Island since Xmas! No secret techniques or spots, just doing what we love and thinking about what we do.

Most of our good snapper, including my 60cm fish from last week, have come from hardbody lures fished with ultra light bream gear in less than 2.5m of water! Loving fishing the bay ATM!

Cheers

Pete

- Abraham Lincoln

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the key might be in the ultralight Pete...Its the same on the shallow reefs up here,you might get done over a bit..but at least you are getting them on..Well done..
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice session you two.Jeez you don't let the grass grow under you lol.Its good to see you've got the bay worked out,well done.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast