Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Exmouth trip

Threaded View

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Exmouth trip

Well, after the countless days of preparing, packing, and stocking up on fishing gear (this part often gets very expensive!) it was almost time for my annual fishing trip.
    Destination – Exmouth
    The only thing that was left to do now was to begin the all important day dreaming. See, before any holiday that I go on, I spend hours upon hours day dreaming about what the trip may have in stall for me. My mind was constantly wandering to previous years which had seen myself tussle with large spangledies from the shore, picking off spanish mackerel trawling behind my kayak, and basically trevally anywhere that there was water. Plenty of fuel for my imagination. This year though, I was particularly interested in trying my luck with my small bream gear out on the flats where a plethora of fish can be found cruising the shallows.
    With the day dreaming out of the way, and the car packed, it was time to jump in and head off for a stint before it got too dark and the animals came out in force to patrol the night-time roads, making it just too dangerous to navigate at anything less than 30km/h. With that in mind, after about 7hrs driving, and Perth now well and truly behind me, I pulled over on the side of the road and obtained possibly one of my worst ever nights of sleep I’ve ever experienced. I had previously thought that sleeping in the back of the station wagon with the missus wouldn’t be that bad, but between the rods and kayak paddles that were firmly dug into my sides, and the roaring thunder of the road trains as they passed by, very little sleep was actually obtained.
    Regardless of this, the next day was nothing short of spectacular.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not about the fish, it's about fishing!

Real men wear PINK!