Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Flatty fishing the high tide milkshake

Was well enough to launch and retrieve solo Sunday (after the missus help me hook up the tinny)

High tide was around 9:30 so I didn't launch until 7am. The plan was to flick in close to the mangroves and see if I could entice a bite from the flattys gorging themselves on all the prawns about. Last week the prawns were thick yet Sunday they had thinned out a fair bit. This was a good thing because with less bait about the flatties came to the party. I ended up taking my bag limit home with 5 nice keepers. I also released another 8 legal fish. They really came on at the top of the tide and just as it turned. I would say they are just starting to really fire as they have finished spawning. The flatty fillets were a little lean as they had lost condition spawning.

Best fish went 62cms (I kept it as it had swallowed the placcy pretty deep as pictured)

Love this time of year with the slightly cooler days.

IMG_2159[1].jpg

IMG_2178[1].jpg