Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Salmon and Bream - East Coast....

Punters...

Ventured down the East Coast on the long weekend to catch up with a few of the boys, and of course a hidden agenda which ultimately consisted of fishing and a few quiet ales. On the list for the weekend was: Yapper, Byrneout, Moe, KennyB, Diesel, and myself.

We shacked up at Scammy on Friday night and tipped in..... Rather violently!! It was a heavy night and took us a little to get going Saturday, but once we filled our guts with eggs and bacon we headed off to Georges Bay - Snellens. The intention was to find some feeding Salmon, then slay 'em - but with little visuals happening, we headed to a flats area that dropped off into the current. I had 4 dudes in my boat, which made for interesting casting, especially considering there was a stiff breeze which forced us all to fish out of the same side Not long into a few casts, I felt a tap, Na dropped him..... dropped my SP back down, another tap, yep ON!! With blistering runs the initial thought was a Trevor, but as soon as the aerial antics kicked in, it was clear that a healthy Salmon had come to greet my lure.