Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 62 cm Flathead on Spinner bait

Princess and I went out to Corbetts Landing this week, on Wednesday and was fishing the low coming up to the high tide. We hit the water at about 9ish. Jumped in the boat and were coming around the corner of the river and I spotted some sand banks sticking out of the water. I asked Paul if we could stop there and told him that I planned to flick my orange Come in Spinner Bait to the edge of the sand and bottom bouce it back to the boat hopeing that there will be a big flattie lying in the gutter waiting in ambush. Paul agreed and said that it was a good idea. So we pulled up and I flicked out and I was pulling over the bottom and said "OH CRAP, I have gotten a log, I think I am stuck", I gave a few more pulls and said to Princess "Nah, its OK, I have got it, its coming up to the boat". Next minute this bloody big flattie was next to the boat, it put up a little fight once it seen daylight. Here is me thinking that its a LOG, and I am yelling to Princess, "Grab the landing net, its a Flattie !!" Paul grabbed the landing net and landed her, only 8 more cm and I would have had to return her back for breeding - however, she tasted delicious....hehehehe
    So I did the victory dance on my boat, and Paul took some photos for me...YAYAYAY !!

For me, the best thing about this trip/fish was that I specifically targeted an area and got my fish - first time, but defintely not the last !

Bel
    Attached Images Attached Images