Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

The video looks awesome. I started recording about 2 seconds after hook up so you get a bit of a screaming drag and a big boil about 50m away. Then I joke about getting spooled, then I realise I'm actually going to get spooled and start running.

Quote Originally Posted by nugg View Post
    huge troy. would have loved to see that one played out. how long did it take ya to land.
    Not super long. About 20 minutes or so. But the rod was fully loaded the whole time. It's a 5'6" 6-10kg Shimano Raider Barra Mauler. It's a stiff broom stick I use for Jacks and I've never seen it bent that much and I've caught 4ft Sharks, 125cm Threadies and good Jacks on it. I had one hand on the reel and the other hand half way between the reel seat and the first guide and pulling just to get the thing moving a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    A bit of "boy who cried wolf" stuff going on over this one Troy, had to happen!
    Yeah there was bound to be non believers. I'm glad we got pics with a bit of proof it was a canal capture though. There would have been plenty of people sitting back going, "Yeah right mate". That Marty+Jojo wanker on A.F. will be eating his own words!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Great fish Troy well done!! you would have had to work dam hard to get that one in LB with tht gear!!!

cheers
    Brandon...
    Yeah was good fun doing it. Next fish on the list is a 60cm+ Jack .

Troy