Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing for a feed

After hearing that the weather was going to be pleasant for a few days here in Melbourne, l decided to check the Port Phillip Bay forecast, and was pleased to find that it was going to be below 5 knots today...so an overdue fishing trip was in order, and was a good way to get me out of my dreary mood.

I was out on the water early, and decided to hit one of my more successful squid spots just out from the RAAF Williams Point Cook Jetty.
    The water was a cool 17 degrees, but the clearest that l have seen it in awhile too, and the first thing l noticed was the large amounts of jelly fish that were present.

l could not help myself from submerging my underwater camera for some close up shots as l drifted past. I didn't have to wait long to get one right up near the boat , as there were so many of them.

It was such a still and calm day that for the first time l noted how quickly jelly fish could propel themselves forward, and they were very interesting to watch.

I positioned the boat to get the most effective drift over the rocky and weeded bottom, hopefully giving myself the best chance of securing a feed of Squid, with the use of my Yozuri Squid jigs.

It wasn't long before l could feel the jig being pulled, and a cloud of black ink was the tail tell sign that l was connected to dinner.

The squid l caught today were nowhere near as big as what l have caught in the past, but it didn't take long to catch enough for tonight's dinner.
    With the snapper season still along way away, l decided not to gather any for bait on this trip.

As l write this report, sipping on a glass of wine, l can smell the squid being cooked, and will enjoy my dinner of fresh squid tonight.

YUMMY!! Salt and Pepper Squid and Chips.