Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default jacks still biting

Hi guys,
    well the research paid off with me hunting in spots that nobody else goes to. Ive had about 4 big jacks 50-60cm wrap me around snags in the last few weeks. Isnt it frustrating when you know the fish is still hooked. you play the line out, reel it in, feel the vibration and know hes still there. bang, the rod snaps few guides and the fish is off, oh well. So I know where they live now.

The boat was in for repairs on moday, so i went LB for fun in a secret spot in a Hervey bay creek. Got this 52cm boy on a mullet strip.

Went out Sat am with the boat for a test run. Got a 42cm grunter (my first) on Atomic Prawn (pearl), right where chewy said they would be near Pacific haven. (no pic).

Wait until I get the boat right. If only the water temp holds for a few more weeks. Im sure theres a 60 club model down there.

cheers
    Andrew
    Attached Images Attached Images