Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stonefish Ate My Stiffy

Gday guys,
    Had a bit of a muck down at my local creek as a bit of a destress after my exams. Turned out to be an interesting 2 hours because I caught my second Stonefish on a lure!

I was fishing around a small rock bar when my lure was met by a thud. I thought I'de nailed a rock straight up so I left my line slack to allow the lure to float of the 'rock'. After a little while I put some pressure on and the rock started moving off. I ended up winching this brown blob up to my feet and sure enough...a deadly stonefish! After a few photos I carefully removed the faithful Brown Snake Stiffy Minnow and sent its on it's way - well...sort of. The bloody thing just ended up sitting in the 20cm of water infront of me until I left!

They're an interesting looking fish so I took plenty of shots.

Later on I moved down to a nice drop off with plenty of current pushing over it where I managed a small flounder and a tiny flathead.

What flounder...???

Every fish I caught had perfect camoflage so it wasn't too bad a way to spend a few hours.

Cheers Isaac
    PB Sooty - 52cm on a Reidy's Little Lucifer
    PB Barra - 115cm on a Stiffy Boney Bream