Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Murray Ck

The sun came out on Sunday and Shaneo and I hit up Murray Creek. We expected the water to be like chocolate milk but were surprised to find it quite clear.
    While getting bait we got a 70 odd cm barra in the net. It proceeded to go apeshit, and tore itself a hole and escaped. It was not long before the first fish hit the floor. A nice Silver Bream.

A few minutes later Shaneos rod gets absolutly smashed. A PB Mangrove Jack at 55cm. There were a few tense moments.

With the tide starting to come in we decided to head to the river mouth (about 45min away) and fish some new ground.
    It was quite and we were just about to leave when it got crazy. My handline and rod go off at the same time. I passed the rod to Shaneo and untangled the two lines. I couldn’t hold the handline and got dusted on rocks. Being a massive champ Shaneo handed me back the rod.
    Golden Trevally

We tried one more spot on the way home and got a bonus Flathead.

Its was a fantastic day, we also saw a pod of dolphins and a good size croc of 8ft swimming about 30 metres behind the boat.