Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: First Barra

Threaded View

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Barra

My mate Simon and i have been keen to get a barra and with a few reports of late from around Tin Can we decided to head up their to try our luck this arvo.
    tried up a few creeks with not much action except for a 53cm GT to Simon.
    earlier on we found a snag with heaps of bait holding but didnt seem like there was anything chasing the bait after fishing it for a while. on the way back we tried the same snag and the bait was still there and looked like there was some good fish down there now.
    we cast and trolled the snag for a couple good hits and i eventually got a solid hook up on white rapala shad rap deep. was hopeful it was the species we had come for but didnt want to get excited. the fish had a couple short strong runs as we drove out into open water and then it just sat in the current. finally saw a flash of silver and knew it was our target, couple more short runs and it was in the net. couldnt of been happier
    after a couple photos and a quick swim the fish swam of strongly.
    it went 85cm, caught on 15lb braid 16lb leader.
    Attached Images Attached Images