Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: winter babies

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you found the quality of fish has dropped since the dam spilled over late this Summer? I was up there just before it went over and the size was good, upto 103cm. Then after then spill I only found 60cn fish. It seems the big wet has pushed all the fish from the first flood out of the system and replaced it with the runts that were left in the dam.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Some nice fish there. Well done buddy.
    Cheers,
    Doug.

4.2 metre Stessco Bass Tracker
    40hp Suzuki 4 stroke
    Minn Kota iPilot

Like to use Kingfisher lures or Predatek lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    Have you found the quality of fish has dropped since the dam spilled over late this Summer? I was up there just before it went over and the size was good, upto 103cm. Then after then spill I only found 60cn fish. It seems the big wet has pushed all the fish from the first flood out of the system and replaced it with the runts that were left in the dam.
    yeah mate deffinantly, average size of fish has dropped dramitically and so have numbers through there.. at its best you would struggle to find anything under 800, but the amount of pressure those fish where under was crazy.. mate reckons he sounded some big fish through parts but im not very sure hes sounder reading skills are reliable lol

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingston7 View Post
    yeah mate deffinantly, average size of fish has dropped dramitically and so have numbers through there.. at its best you would struggle to find anything under 800, but the amount of pressure those fish where under was crazy.. mate reckons he sounded some big fish through parts but im not very sure hes sounder reading skills are reliable lol
    Yeah the first few trips we were sounding out heaps of good fish. Most shows of 3-4 fish stacked on top of each other produced fish after a little bit of work. Only one rat out of all of them. Scored some good by catch as well. The last trip we didn't see anything like we had on previous trips. We noticed one ok show and I hooked a good Thready but pulled the hooks at the boat. Other then that nothing was in the deeper water, just rats in the shallows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12