Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wide bay report.

Counting down the sleeps now till I get back to civilisation and bout time I think about where I'm going fishing next week. Now I haven't been getting any real weather update for back home. So I don't really know what's going on back there. But. I'm. Going fishin. I'm thinking the burrum is probably on the cards. Any reports from round the traps there. What else is going on round Hervey Bay sort of area. Cheers. Gippsy.
    As with real estate, Fishing is all about Location Location Location

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

mate good luck with the trip but the bay has been hit hard again over last couple of days the burrum in full flood again so not good ,hopefully it will clear a bit when water stops flowing out of lenthalls.
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

The Burrum MIGHT be fishable in a week if you stay around the mouth where its salty. As soon as the weather calms down I'll be out for a look, so stay in touch.

I fished Pt Vernon last thursday night, it was nicely protected from the South wind. Water was light brownish, but not nearly as bad as River Heads to Urangan stretch. Plenty of cod and trout around but most were too quick and buried me in the rocks. The ones I got were just undersized, but it was encouraging. If you move around enough, you will find a good bommie and some bigger fish off Pt Vernon. I shoulda taken a broomstick tho, too much flex in these graphite rods for close contact fighting. Fish were back in there hole before I felt the bites.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Spirit. Gone. I'm devo. I'll have to keep putting deisel in the ute. Might go to 1770 then. Cheers for that.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gippsy View Post
    Wow. Spirit. Gone. I'm devo. I'll have to keep putting deisel in the ute. Might go to 1770 then. Cheers for that.
    Gippsy,

When are you thinking about 1770?? I assume offshore??...let me know. Iam off Wed, Thurs Fri next week.

Steve
    There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.......right next to the mash potatoes

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too sure. 1770 will be offshore I'd say. So will revolve around some good weather. Have a hitout on some redfish before my reef trip. That would be nice. I will keep you posted steveo.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

You poor barstards down there are getting hammed this year. I live in Cairns and our wet season has been poor. We need the rain.

When it does rain hard up here the fishing is great. Find run offs, gates, weirs, rocky headlands and ya ussually put a bend in the rod. Does it work the same down there? I know we fish for barra and jacks but I cant see they dont act the same down there. May be numbers may be different but they still should get them moving.

Good luck

Smithy